Embedded Issues 001 - Getting a new board
March 31, 2018
I just received a new board from a company to do some stuff as “entry test”. Usually I follow the next procedure to ensure that I can focus on the software and forget about hardware relating issues.
- Connect everything (GCC, GND) and hope for the best, which basically means it doesn’t burn.
- Download the SDK or library and set up the toolchain
- Code a basic program test (turning on a LED)
- Flash the microcontroller
- Everything works? then I can start my work, else I “debug” each previous step
So far, so good.